We are looking for a software, which does image processing on videos in order to determine the number of objects (cars, bikes, hikers, trucks, etc) crossing a certain, virtual line, which is defined on the video.
[url removed, login to view]
In this video, you see a roundabout with vehicles travelling/leaving/entering the roundabout. There could be a line in the lower right corner, which is counting the number of cars leaving the roundabout at this certain exit.
Result (example output):
date; time; length; speed
2013-11-21; 17:07:03; 4.6, 23
2013-11-21; 17:07:25; 4.1, 21
2013-11-21; 17:11:01; 15.2, 11
The result/output shall be a text file (ASCII-file), containing date/time, length and speed of the measured vehicles crossing this defined line.
Minimum requirements on deliverables:
- software package, plattform win or linux
- input a video file (e.g. in mp4 or an other broadly accepted video format, see example)
- possibility of defining the line in a reasonable way (i.e. x-/y-coordinates and then displaying the line on a snapshot of the video on a simple GUI, possibility of adjustment)
- specifying start date/time of the video (to define the initial point for the output text file, example above: could be 2013-11-21; 17:05:00)
- specifying the geometry of the measurement (for scaling the length/speed)
- output of text files as specified (date/time, length and speed of each measured object)
This project is the initial project for the base of this software. The project will continue later - if successfull - with further options, such as multiple lines in one video, object tracking (i.e. how many cars use entry 2 and leave at exit 4), etc.