I’m Francesco Miceli, the owner of 2 eBay stores ([url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view]) and I need an Excel macro or a small program to post quickly auctions.
I work with Turbolister ([url removed, login to view]), a software that can import .csv files and send them to eBay.
I sell collectable gaming cards (Magic the Gathering and Yu Gi Oh), and I’ve built a database with almost every existing card – you can download it at [url removed, login to view]
From column A to O there is info like English and Italian name, colour, type, rarity, price and so on.
From column Q to HC there is the CSV info for Turbolister: the columns with a red name changes from auction to auction
Finally there are 3 auxiliary columns (HF, HG, and HH) which help to “build” the auction html text using the concatenate command.
I need a macro or small program that:
1. Ask me for the name of the card I want to sell.
2. Check if there are more cards with the same name, and let me choose the right one with a drop down menu or something similar. Cards are often reprinted in different set: for example, if you search for “Black Knight” you’ll find it 5 times (Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, Revised, 4th and 5th edition), and every set has a different price.
3. Ask me for the quantity I want to sell and write the answer on the CSV “Quantity” column (AA) in the correct row (for example, if I have 12 Black Knight from the 4th edition it must write 12 in the AA29 cell).
4. Allow me to change the start price (column AD) for the card I’m working on or leave it with the default value.
5. Copy the part of the row with the CSV info (from column Q to HC) and past it to a new excel sheet (only the values, not the formulas), starting from row 2, column A (row 1 is reserved for Turbolister data) and adding every new subsequent card in the first free row. In the example file, it should copy the info in the CSV sheet.
6. Start again with a new card.
Than I’ll export the CSV file, load it with Turbolister and send it to eBay.
It must be possible to:
- Use the software on different Excel databases.
- Configure it to change the copy interval (by default, from column Q to column HC) if in the future I want to use it with a different database.
- Configure it to paste to a different initial row (by default, row number 2) if I want to modify or add cards to an existing file.
It’s not essential but it would be quite useful to:
- Type only part of the name to save time, choosing the right one from a list if there are many cards sharing part of the name.
- Colour red or another colour the row of the cards with an auction title (column T) with more than 55 characters (the maximum allowed by eBay), so that I can change it manually.
- To comment the code.
Please let me know if you have more question or need more info.
Best regards, Francesco
16 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $121 for dette job
Good day, Sr. Miceli. I work with Excel and VBA. Mostly, for economic and accounting. But I like Card Games. :) So I'll be glad to write programme for your cards.
i have exp of over 10yrs of working on excel spread sheets and data entry job...........work will be to the best of your satisfaction.....parvinder
Respected Sir, i m Nakul sharma, I have more than 5 year of experience in Data [url removed, login to view] you give a chance to work on your project.I will fulfill your requirement. Thanks