compensation: Hourly / DOE
employment type: full-time
In this dual role, the Administrative Assistant will split their time between assisting one of the firm Partners and general office administrative tasks.
Under supervision of the Partner; this position schedules and manages the Partners calendar, runs personal errands, checks in daily on tasks to be completed, and itemizes their expenses. As an Administrative Assistant; this role acts as reception, oversees conference rooms, answers main line phones, and assists the Office Manager with daily operation of the office.
3+ year of experience in an office environment or in an administrative assistant role is required.
1. Check in with Partner daily. Provide support with any tasks assigned, including but not limited to: personal car maintenance, booking travel, scheduling meetings and keeping their calendar, ordering/ preparing lunch, monitoring email / calls, completing timecards, and running personal errands for Partner and his family.
2. Learning and anticipating the needs of the Partner.
3. iPhone / tech savvy.
4. Arrange travel according to preferences.
5. Tracking receipts and itemizing Partner's credit card expenses on a monthly basis for reporting to the Finance department.
6. Perform receptionist duties; including answer phones, greeting guests, magazine subscription renewals, and keeping the front desk area organized.
7. Maintaining inventory for office/ kitchen/ restrooms. Keeping the office/ kitchen/ restrooms/ workshop/ library clean, stocked, and tidy. Ordering supplies when necessary, with budget supervision from the Office Manager.
8. Schedule, set up and shut down conference rooms before and after meetings. Schedule Lunch & Learns. Responsible for once a week breakfast order and set up. Responsible for weekly happy hour / staff meeting shopping, set up and shut down.
9. Assist with the planning and execution of larger company wide events: Holiday Party, Employee Appreciation Event, and Summer BBQ.
10. Help resolve employee IT issues by contacting IT company and following up on open tickets to make sure issues are resolved in a timely manner and to employee satisfaction.
11. Direct employees to appropriate person or department when issues, grievance, and questions arise.
12. Trusted with management of petty cash.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
1. 3+ years of experience in an office environment or as an administrative assistant.
2. Excellent communication and follow up skills.
3. Ability to multi-task and adapt in a fast-paced environment, maintaining composure under pressure.
4. Time management skill. Flexible.
5. Professional experience with Outlook calendar management and Excel (data entry).
6. Organizational skills
7. Current and clean driver's license/record.