GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for specimen receipt and preparation, records creation, reporting of results and transferring data to accounts receivable. Ensures all patient data is obtained and maintained in accordance with all applicable HIPAA regulations.
1. Performs all of the following:
· enters test requisition data into computer creating an accessioning record which includes: patient demographics and physician data, test requests, ICD- 9CM code, and testing priority;
· initiates an audit trail if any data required for the accessioning record is missing or ambiguous. The trail is initiated from the billing menu when accessioning data is transferred to accounts receivable;
· produces bar code labels
· affixes replicates of labels to test requisition and specimen (blood or other) containers;
· prepares specimens for testing by centrifuging tubes for tests requiring serum or plasma;
· distributes specimens to appropriate departments for analysis;
· communicates with extended care facility (ECF) to correct, clarify, or add any information found to be in question or missing on the test requisition;
· communicates with the Laboratory Director and/or the Compliance Officer if accessioning irregularities have not been resolved at the time of accessioning.
2. Modifies test request data after obtaining previously missing, incomplete, or physician clarification information.
3. Enters patient information for potential new clients provided by facility
4. Follows established protocols to determine which patients’ test result data requires immediate reporting by telephone (ALERTS).
5. Communicates with nursing personnel at ECFs to relay ALERT test values.
6. Maintains appropriate documentation (JCAHO initiative) of nurse’s name, title, and “read back” of all ALERT call-in results.
23 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $23/time for dette job
I have 10 years experience in data entry I have work fir a medical office as well. I processed and set appointments. I am efficient and always get the job done.
I have 10+ years of experience in BPO sector. I have a good typing speed of 60 WPM with 100% accuracy. Am hardworking and diligent, individual competent.
Hi, I am a new freelancer, but I'm experienced. I have already worked with health related data for some companies. I am a dedicated worker and a quick learner. looking forward to hearing from you. Regards Jagruti
i don't know what i have to write here lol. this is first time i am using free Lance. even i am wel experienced data entey operator. i have completed my Degrees in English and Economics as well