We are a professional services company based in London, England and are looking to hire a business plan writer / paralegal to start immediately on various
in house business plans and private placement memorandums.
Must have previous experience in this field.
Requirements: to start ASAP
Must have excellent English written and spoken skills.
• Working under the supervision of a Senior member of the Business Management drafting contracts and amendments (ensuring these accurately reflect deal terms) together with negotiating and concluding agreements
• Assisting with all legal and contractual matters.
Paralegals must be either part-qualified, or have or be in legal training, or have a substantial quantity of relevant legal and contractual experience.
• Ability to draft and review a wide variety of commercial contracts together with any negotiated changes to such contracts
• Ability to negotiate legal and commercial issues arising from contracts
• Problem solving skills together with the confidence to take the initiative on projects
• Ambition to increase Legal and Business Affairs knowledge and skills and willingness to undertake relevant training
• Good computer and system skills, including Word and Outlook & Excel.
• Good team spirit with general willingness to get involved
• Excellent organisational, communication and telephone skills together with initiative to handle internal and external ‘client’ relations
• Ability to check and proof read work quickly and accurately
• Ability to prioritise and manage a large and diverse workload
• Ability to work efficiently and autonomously
• In – house Legal and Business Affairs experience at an investment banking firm or similar
• Media/IP commercial legal background gained in-house or at a law firm
• Knowledge of the current regulatory environment and terms of trade issues
• Commercially aware with the ability to assess legal and financial risk
• Knowledge of and interest in new media developments in the production and broadcast sector and allied commercial affairs’ issues
• Facility to develop decision and deal making skills in a complex commercial and legal context
• Ambitious with the ability to develop management skills