I am in process of migrating from a VirtueMart website to Magento. I have used a script to migrate the products from VirtueMart to Magento which has been successful for the basic product details - such as name, image, description etc. but the attributes have not properly been migrated.
There are three main product groups: glasses, sunglasses and contact lenses. These have about 12 attributes each which will need to be configured for each product. I have set up the three required attribute sets in Magento for each product type. There are around 900 products in total.
The basic requirements are:
1. Assign the product to the correct attribute set (I have installed extension that makes this possible).
2. Configure the attributes for each product using info from either the existing VirtueMart website or a XLS export.
3. Assign products to the appropriate categories.
4. Assign products to the appropriate websites (I am running 5 websites from the one Magento installation)
5. Check Inventory settings are correct for product to show in front-end.
6. Delete some attributes that may have been wrongly created in the migration.
I would suggest that this is done as manual entry but access can be given to the SQL database if required and you can prove that you have the required skills.
More detailed instructions will be provided as well as Magento admin login and a product export from VirtueMart if required.
VM shop -> [url removed, login to view]
Magento shop (in development) -> [url removed, login to view]