Number of excel files attached: two, file names: (File_1 & File_2)
Step by Step:
1. File_1 will be the main file you will be inserting data onto.
2. On excel sheet File_1 Identify CITY & STATE by viewing column A & B.
3. On excel sheet File_2, you will filter the sheet, using column B (RC/CITY)
4. Type in the city name in filter search bar drop down, in this example we will use the city of Birmingham, AL.
5. File_2 sheet will then filter all the results for Birmingham.
6. You will then identify the correct selection by cross referencing city (Birmingham and the state AL, off of File_1 to File_2.
- Make sure you are double checking your selection and that both City and State match off of both files (File_1 to File_2)
7. Once you make the selection and you are sure that you have identified the correct selection, you will highlight Columns C (Rate Center Abbrev) through Column M (New Local Inbound coverage) off of File_2, copy the selection and paste it onto File_ onto columns C (Rate Center Abbrev) through Column M (New Local Inbound coverage)
See example already completed for you on File_1.
- Note: you will be copying entire column in yellow from File_2 and pasting it onto File_1.
8. For the cities where you do not find matching results for insert N/A for all columns.