Requesting feasibility study for 10 hours of prepaid time. Result must be detailed written report on feasibility and highlights of implementation.
1. Product is an application that runs on smartphone with both Internet and cell network connections.
2. Such application allows phone to maintain SIP registration to central server based on presence of Wifi connection AND allowed time settings AND absense of call activity.
3. When SIP registration is active phone can receive SIP INVITE with a number in SIP FROM string. Upon receipt phone will initiate call to cell network to received FROM Number and then bridge audio streams between SIP and cell network call legs.
4. Application should support G711 codec (G729 only if licensing fee is not required per subscriber). We need NAT traversal mechanisms in the app.
5. While in active call bridge mode, application should display busy status, however it's important that no User interaction is necessary for application to bridge incoming call to cell network.
6. Call ends from either SIP leg or cell leg.
7. No other call flows need to be supported by the program.
1. It's planned as free application that can get few thousand subs
2. No component of developed software should carry installation cost or recurring charges
3. Platform of primary choice is Android, however we're open to other platforms. Given certain requirements of the software we suspect it will not be accepted to Apple Store.
4. Windows/Symbian were initially chosen as call bridging there is expected to be easier to implement
5. App should be installed on User's phone without requiring root access or being jailbreaked. Install should be as simple as for other official apps. OK to display all kind of warning messages that app will have access to wifi, cell network, call data, etc.