Custom salesforce (enterprise ed) app development required for a print and online magazine with following features and terminology exposed:
Note that, ideally, all of the 'person type accounts' should be able to be tracked in a single account, so that a person could be a Subscriber, a Reader, a Contributor AND Talent.
READERS (person type account)
- Basic CRM information kept.
SUBSCRIBER (person type account)
- Subscription is for a magazine product, there are two types:
- term based subscription (12 or 14 months)
- rolling, per-issue subscription ($x per issue) with no inbuilt end date
- Track Subscription Source:
- web-based orders
- mail/telephone orders
- 3rd party retailers (link to account for 3rd party)
- "Gift" field to link to another person account who purchased subscription as a gift.
- Subscription Types
- gift subscriptions
- need a paying contact and a contact for the recipient, and capacity for gift message. both should be separate, linked entities within CRM.
RETAILERS (business type account)
- Track standing orders/per-issue orders per stockist
- Track whether relationship managed by a Distributor (a 3rd-party organisation from a picklist) or directly.
- Flag retailers with bad payment
- CSV export of direct retailers, and number of ordered copies, for each distributor.
CONTRIBUTORS (person type account)
- Track photographers/writers as contacts
- notes, tags for specialities
- submission history
- commission tracking
- standard salesforce behaviour
TALENT (person type account)
- Contact info/notes on interview subjects/sources.
- Utilise CRM for day to day contact management.