Fun publishing company requires a number of writers to expand successful children’s book portfolio to produce plot outlines for three-book series for Children ages 8 to 12 years.
Budget for 5000 words $170
Chapter books for children in the age range of 8-12 years.
- Action adventure
Example book series and Authors we love to give you some idea of the genre.
- Kestrel Island [login to view URL]
- Cog heart by Peter Bunzl
- The Time Hunters Series by Carl Ashmore
- Tom Gates series by Liz Pichon
Writers will have complete creative licence to develop their story.
Outlines are required for a three-book series. Each book will be a separate project. The deliverable(s) are broken down into four milestones.
Standard Budget is $170 for a complete ~5000 word outline. Writers that successfully complete the project will be hired to complete the outlines for the subsequent additional two books.
~2500 words in total.
1) An ~1000 word synopsis of book-one and a brief summary (~250 words or less) on book two and three. You will be required to fill a beat sheet template that shows the breakdown of the three acts; hook, plot turns, pinch points and resolution and so on.
2) An additional ~1250 words of further detail including internal and external motivations for main characters, story summary, tropes (Major and Minor).
Second Milestone - Upon approval;
~2,000 words. Produce 17-27 chapter titles with a short summary detailing what each chapter includes, inclusion of several story arcs between chapters.
Third and final milestone - Upon approval;
Additional ~1,000 words to finish the detailed Plot Outline. To include constructed major scenes, story arcs extending to sequential books, developed protagonist/antagonist and supporting characters.
Each milestone and will require a submittal, review, communication, and release of funds. We reserve the right to stop work at any /milestone for any reason. In that event, you will be paid current to that milestone.
Assuming you complete the entire outline, we will hire you to continue on book-two and book three, following the same process. By bidding for this job, you will agree that you will lose all copyright and claim to the work submitted to us.
Ideal Freelancer for this project:
Is familiar with children’s books for the middle reader; tweens or Young Adult
Is familiar with outlining methods and beat sheet planning such as Blake Snyder’s‘Save the cart’; Larry Brooks Story structure
Has prior experience in creating detailed plot outlines
Is able to create clear flow between major plot points with story arcs that cover this and subsequent books in the series.
Is familiar with genre specific tropes
We are an ambitious publishing company that specialises in Children’s fiction. We are developing a number of books series for ages 6-10; 8-12 and YA.
We are open to new writers and will provide clear guidance and advice to those that request it. Otherwise you have freedom to be as creative as you wish.
We offer regular, ongoing-work, prompt communication within the working hours GMT+1 time zone and prompt payment.
In your proposal please include to the following:
1) State the title “Kids Fiction 8-12”
2) Ask any questions you may have on the project?
3) Please state what book(s) in this genre you have read, or are familiar with that more closely matches your style..
4) State any preference for the specified Children’s sub genre – Action Adventure, Mystery, Humour,Fantasy, Sci-FI, All
5) Please share a relevant sample of your work.
We look forward to working with you.
21 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $135 på dette job
Kids Fiction - hi, I’m a published novelist, writer and editor interested in your proposal. I have experience writing mid-grade a sci-fi and fantasy in the Warhammer IP. My bid is my rate for the full 5000 words.