Hardware tester with RaspberryPi and PiFace
Create a c++ Applikation “tester” for a RaspberryPi with a PiFace to test a external component as hardware in the loop.
There are some csv files to setup the tester. Every csv file will have a header. The header is just information for the user. The entry Name is just information and should be displayed with the settings and results. When the tester start, it should load the configurations and display the settings. When the test was started it should show a “Test is running ...”. When the test was stopped by a key press it should show a “Test stopped” and display the results. When the test was finished it should show a “Test finished!” and display the results. Show incorrect settings and all other errors to the user.
Everything has to work under high performance conditions. The timing resolution should be < 1ms. The timestamps should be measured and displayed in µs. I recommend to support interrupting for the inputs and internal timer (bcm2835) in the raspberry to do the cycle thread. (e.g. void bcm2835_delayMicroseconds ( uint64_t micros )). I recommend to encapsulate each data (Input, Cycles, Output, Counts, Measurements, ResultCount, ResultMeasurement, OutputSequence, InputSequence ) in a separate classes.
The system has to run 7day 24h without a crash. The system needs to run 7 days without a reboot.
Steps of development:
We should organize the development in Milestones.
1) Tester, which can generate signals and read the inputs (~1...2 week including tests)
2) Counts and Measurements (~1 week including tests)
3) Results Counts and Measurements, to create results (~1 week including tests)
4) Input and output sequence, additional output and checking the output response as results (~1 week including tests)
5) Scripting, doing several tests consecutive (~1 week including tests)
6) Final tests with different settings, Bugfixing (~1...3 weeks)
For details see attachment!
The delivery should include the program and the operating system for the Raspberry Pi. I will copy your delivery to a 4GB SD-card.
All parts should be usable for commercial purpose. (So check the license of the OS, tools and libs you are using)
I need the compiled solution with sample settings and all source code.
It could be a console application, no installer, setup or graphical interface needed. Your source code should follow the current methods of development.
Documentation & Test
Provide a [url removed, login to view] which describes the basic steps to setup:
- How to copy the OS to the SD-card.
- How to start and stop the Raspberry Pi program.
- How to compile
You have to test the following:
- Is the input and output working? (Requires a working RaspberryPi version B)
- Is the PiFace working? (Requires a PiFace)
- Is the input and output fast enough?
- Are the counters and measurement working?
- is input/output sequence and compare check working?
- Is the script working?