We need a reliable copy editor who can handle various projects on a fairly regular basis. We are looking for an experienced copy editor who can work with various writing styles, and who is proficient in American English. Familiarity with British English a plus, but not necessary.
The ideal candidate will be available to copy edit a given project and have a quick turn-around time.
Typical projects include:
1. Articles and blog posts (between 300 and 1,00 words)
2. Legal documents (500+ words)
3. Manuals and ebooks (10 + Pages)
The number of projects we will have in any given week may vary greatly (ranging from 0 to perhaps over 150 pages a week), so do not expect a set amount of work. We are looking for an editor we can call when we need a project done, someone who is reliable, capable and ready to work with us on a variety of projects.
To apply for this job, you'll need to do the following:
1. Submit a sample of your editing work in redline format (showing your edits in red), or at least a before and after example of something you've worked on.
2. Submit your rates on a per page or per project basis.
3. Submit your availability and turn-around time for editing a project of 10 articles of 500 words each.
And please feel free to contact us to ask us questions.