I want help on doing research to defeat a proposed bill in the North Carolina legislature. The bill is to incorporate a small area around Lake James in Burke County into a new town. ([url removed, login to view])
I have done a fair amount of research and have drafted some letters and other arguments, but don't have time to finish all of the work involved. I want to pursue the following arguments for my position:
1) The incorporation will take tax revenue from other communities
2) The amount of money raised by the new town is much more than is needed for the small number of people there.
3) The amount of money raised by the new town is much more than comparable towns in the area
4) Any other arguments that raise themselves.
The immediate research I want is as follows:
1) How are the current services that will be provided by the new town paid for today? ([url removed, login to view])
2) What do surrounding communities pay for these services on a "per capita" or "per household" basis?
3) What is the average cost of a sherrif's deputy or policeman in this part of North Carolina?
4) What is the average cost of trash pickup per household in this part of North Carolina?
5) What is the average cost of zoning?
6) What does "zoning" mean in this part of North Carolina (especially in a completely residential area)?
If you don't understand words like "per capita" please don't bid on this project. I'm looking for someone who is intellectually curious and has an interest in public policy.