Deadline: 4 days
Design is an investment and must be usable. It is not enough to design an appealing website (or product); Design considerations especially ease-of-use often referred to as usability should adopt best practices to ensure expected return on investment (ROI) for stakeholders. Great usability is a significant contributor to website quality and a seamless user experience.
There are a few ways a website’s usability can be evaluated: a scrutiny method called a heuristic analysis is one of them. This usually means running a heuristic evaluation on a website, whether it already exists or is a prototype. Heuristic evaluation is an assessment of a digital experience to identify usability issues, which conflict with best practices and sometimes include putting a website in context with the competition.
In this assignment you will write a report based on the usability evaluation of a shopping mall website in Singapore, Zhong Shan Mall: ([login to view URL])and make recommendations for improvement using Jakob Nielsen’ 10 heuristics for user interface design.
1 Conduct thorough evaluations of system interfaces deploying a variety of usability evaluation methods including heuristic analysis, usability tests and cognitive walkthroughs.
2 Apply core Human Computer Interaction (HCI) and Usability Engineering theory to the analysis and design of high quality interfaces for computer and web systems.
3 Generate a range of interface prototypes, from low fidelity storyboards to partial high fidelity applications for a range of device and system types.
4 Utilise a variety of tools and techniques for the generation of creative and highly effective web-based systems.
You are to write a 1500-word rep-ort on how to improve the website/system with the Jakob Nielsen’s usability heuristics of a non-trivial website/system with recommendations for improvement.
You are required to come up to a list of predefined design principles (commonly referred to as heuristics) and identify where the website/system is not following those principles.
Following guidelines may be used for this purpose:
1. The rep-ort is an individual activity, as is the artefact.
2. The application should provide a list of the identified usability issues and ranks them on a scale from severe to mildly problematic.
3. Apply Jakob Nielsen’s heuristics to the analysis of the issues.
4. Apply Jakob Nielsen’s heuristics to the suggestive design and improvement with specific interactive elements.
5. The application will be based on a shopping mall website in Singapore, Zhong Shan Mall: [login to view URL]
6. NOTE: you are not allowed to send enquiry or contact the owner / staff of shopping mall for this coursework.
Note: plagiarism must be keep less then 20% (percent)