Fluid Flow through pipes using COMSOL Multiphysics and the Application Builder
Budget $250-750 USD
The app provides advanced capabilities for simulating fluid flow and heat transfer behavior in pipelines, optimizing pipeline designs, and analyzing simulation results.
The app can simulate fluid flow through pipelines, taking into account factors such as pipe geometry, flow rate, pressure, and temperature. It can also simulate heat transfer between the fluid and the pipeline, taking into account factors such as pipe material, wall thickness, and insulation. Additionally, the app can optimize pipeline designs, taking into account factors such as flow rate, pressure drop, temperature, and cost.
In addition to these simulation capabilities, the app also provides data visualization and analysis tools that allow users to gain insights into fluid flow and heat transfer behavior and identify areas for optimization.
Phase 1 - Work Package 1: App Development and User Interface
- Develop a basic user interface for the FluidFlowPro app
- Implement the core functionality for simulating fluid flow through pipes, including support for incompressible and compressible fluids, laminar and turbulent flow, and heat transfer
- Implement the ability to specify the fluid and pipe properties, such as density, viscosity, diameter, and length
- Implement the ability to specify boundary conditions, such as pressure, flow rate, and temperature
- Implement the ability to specify and simulate individual fluid power components such as valves and pumps as black boxes
- A basic user interface for the FluidFlowPro app that allows users to specify the fluid and pipe properties, boundary conditions, and individual fluid power components
- Core functionality for simulating fluid flow through pipes, including support for incompressible and compressible fluids, laminar and turbulent flow, and heat transfer
- A user manual documenting how to use the app and its key features
- A technical report documenting the development process and the key technical decisions made during the development
- Ability to model liquid metal and molten salt coolant behavior at high temperatures
Phase 1 - Work Package 2: App Optimization and Advanced Features
- Optimize the performance of the FluidFlowPro app to improve simulation speed and accuracy
- Implement advanced features, such as the ability to simulate multi-phase flow and non-Newtonian fluids
- Implement additional boundary conditions, such as the ability to specify heat flux and wall roughness
- Implement the ability to perform sensitivity analyses to identify key parameters and optimize system performance
- Implement data visualization tools to help users interpret simulation results
- An optimized version of the FluidFlowPro app that runs simulations more quickly and accurately than the initial version
- Advanced features, such as the ability to simulate multi-phase flow and non-Newtonian fluids, and additional boundary conditions such as heat flux and wall roughness
- A sensitivity analysis tool that allows users to identify key parameters and optimize system performance
- Data visualization tools, such as plots and graphs, that help users interpret simulation results
- An updated user manual and technical report documenting the new features and optimization process
- Work package 1 deliverables: 35%
- Work Package 2 deliverables: 35%
- Final payment after review and changes: 30%
- Bonus available upon timely delivery ( ~ 2 weeks per package)
- Bonus available upon performance and GUI aesthetics (it should look good)
The work should be using parameters and considering that: 1.- further work will be done in the future, 2.- the app might created could be integrated into another module, 3.- you might have a project in the future working with other developer in integrating this app with another.