I have a working C++ simple BitTorrent application (downloading and seeding). I need to port it into a Windows application I am building. C++ app was written on top of [url removed, login to view] libraries (most used libraries for torrents). Current C++ application works 100% downloading and seeding. Seeding requires to manually open a port on the router (unless you have a UPNP router). Also to seed a file you need to start a separate CMD process so there are N processes as N files you want to seed and in this way the code will need N open ports on the router.
I need to port everything inside c# Windows application and while doing make it so it will work all on one single port. I am 100% sure it can be done as the developer of the library told me.
I will also need a Windows test part to test if the port is open.
I will give you code of the C++ application and the goal is to have a C# application in Windows that tests the port written in [url removed, login to view] to see if it is open (gives YES or NO) and then starts SEEDING all files in a given folder.
Once this task is completed I would like to procede in working together with more tasks in Cà, Windows and Mac integration, SQL, API, .NET, etc... So it would be nice if you are competent in these too.
Please DO NOT REPLY TO THIS JOB POSTING IF...
- You don't know what torrents/P2P/trackers/Seeding are...
- You are not a freelance but you are a company
- You are not a freelance and just plan to pass job to others
- You are only good at translating/importing C++ to C# but can't really code
- You have not checked [url removed, login to view] to understand how it works
- You can't speak/write in English personally
- You are not willing to work together constantly reporting, passing files between us, etc..
Please reply with the word "bittorrent" so I know you've read the whole posting
5 freelancers are bidding on average €169 for this job
I can work for you. I'm interested in your project. I've an experience of works with network programming in c++. Ping me any time to discuss about this project.