NOTE: Please read the entirety of our proposal, poor responses will be expressly ignored.
Our studio specializes in simulation, economic modelling and gamification projects. At present we are undertaking a project which requires an experienced Unity developer (3 - 5 years experience ideally). In essence, this project is an existing game requiring upgrade/port. The existing C# code and game (previously built in .NETforms) is to be upgraded to Unity. This will included linking existing code and features to new UI and adding some additional features/scripts, but nothing an experienced developer cannot perform.
This project would suit someone who is experienced with large data-sets, maintaining, implementing and linking databases (SQL) to Unity through scripts and calling functions/data from those databases as required within the game. This is a simulation game and therefore data correctness is paramount.
• Fluency in English language is a must
• Minimum 3 years of working experience in a game developer role, with experience using/linking SQL DBs to Unity
• Hands-on experience with Unity3D engine (editor and scripting)
• Demonstrable experience with object-oriented programming in C#, configuring UI and associated animation and user session management (load/save/continue game functionality) to name a few
• Experience with complex data-sets and data driven (simulation) games a plus
• Ability to write clean, readable, and easily maintainable code for any new features requiring implementation
• Experience optimizing for performance across various PC configurations (Low versus High end PCs)
• At least one PC game released to market, made publicly available or worked on a game project end to end (ideal)
• Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit testing
• Prior experience with a well-known mobile title or AAA titles are a significant asset (but not essential); however a portfolio of work is required
• Able to work on a project which is highly iterative and with a high expectancy for in-flight changes
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Implement game functionality as per communicated design, technical specifications and by analysing and transposing the previous game version code
• Translate design specifications including wireframes, stills and through daily stand-ups with the team into the intended gameplay functions
• Offer technical solutions, innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance and usability of the editor
• Communicate with other team members to establish effective pipeline and integrate media assets
• Integrate Assets and functionality from the Unity Asset Store where required
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to address and mitigate these problems
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation where possible
Any questions - please feel free to ask in your proposal.
30 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $22/time for dette job
Hello,We are experienced game developers and we have worked in Unity3D games. Please provide all the details of the game you want to us to develop. Thanks, Sumit Kumar Verma, Senior Game Developer.