C++/Qt Developer for Desktop Application Development [Remote]
Betalt ved levering
We're looking for a C++/Qt Developer to create a Windows application that allows us to view PCB files in the ODB++ file format.
An example of a similar viewer can be seen here: [login to view URL]
The ODB++ format specification is available for download here: [login to view URL]
A sample of an ODB++ file package can be downloaded here: [login to view URL]
The required features of the viewer will include:
- File open/view: To open and view ODB++ files.
- Layer view: To enable users to view individual or multiple layers at the same time.
- Zoom & Pan: To zoom in/out and pan across the PCB layout.
- Search & Highlight: To find and highlight specific components, nets and objects
We are aware of some similar projects on Github, but as this is a commercial application, we cannot re-use code that has an existing GPL-3 or MIT license.
- Develop high-quality C++ code in a Qt environment.
- Use an existing open source UI/UX Qt interface as the basis for the project (we will provide a link to this to qualified applicants)
- Debug, optimize and ensure the reliability of the application.
Note that this viewer will integrate with a Python backend for various functions (developed by others). This is future work outside the scope of this project.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in C++ development.
- Strong expertise in developing desktop applications with Qt.
- Experience in cross-platform development is a plus.
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of PCB design/electronic engineering
- Familiarity with Python and PySide.
- Experience with integrating back-end machine learning algorithms into C++ applications
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms.
Once the viewer is built, we expect that there will be significant ongoing work available.
In your proposal, please outline your relevant experience and also include screenshots of applications that you have developed using Qt if available.
We look forward to your proposal!
Proposals that are obviously generated using an LLM like chat GPT will automatically be discarded. We want to know your actual experience, with actual projects, not false experience that an LLM generated to match the job ad.
Projekt ID: #37246513