We are part of the “Sheridan Book Club” that would like to exchange book reviews with each other. We have decided to develop a WCF Web Service to provide read/create access to the “Mega Book Database” somewhere on the internet so that we can sell our web service to other book clubs around the world!
You have volunteered to:
1. Develop an ASP.NET Web Site to allow “Sheridan Book Club” members to add new reviews and search for reviews in our own private database. The site also needs to be able to add new books to the Book Database.
2. Develop a WCF Web Service that will eventually provide access to the “Mega Book
Database” somewhere on the internet. Initially we do not have access to the “Mega Book Database” (we are still negotiating rights) so you have also offered to provide a temporary Book database so that we can add some of our favorite books to get started.
Note: The site will initially be hosted on our internal server you do NOT have to authenticate users.
1. Create a SQL Server database named "Books" containing (field names in brackets):
A. Book table storing the book name (Name), release date (ReleaseDate), book ISBN number (ISBN) and book ID (Id) (use appropriate data types!)
2. Create a second SQL Server database named "Reviews" containing (field names in brackets):
A. Review table storing reviewer name (Reviewer), review text (Review), review ID (Id), review date (Date), rating (1-10) (Rating) and book ID (BookID) (use appropriate data types!).
3. Create a WCF Service to allow:
A. Adding NEW books to the Book Database. It should return the new Book ID (0 for failure)
B. Fetching books from the Book Database based on the Book ID (-1 for all books)
4. Create an ASP.NET Application that:
A. Provides a Web Form for adding NEW books to the Book Database. This form must use the WCF Service. Note that all fields are mandatory and that the book ID should be automatically generated.
B. Provides a second Web Form to allow users to add new book reviews (all fields are mandatory EXCEPT for the book rating). The user must be able to select the book from the list of available book names which have been retrieved using the WCF Service. This form should:
i. Display the Review ID to the user after a new review is added.
ii. Automatically generate the review date based on when the review is added. iii. Display the number of reviews that the user has added during the current session
C. Provides a third Web Form to allow users to search and view book reviews based on the book ID, book name and/or reviewer name. It should display the fields of the currently selected review(s) based on the search criteria.
• Use appropriate controls (ex. Calendar)
• Provide full data validation for user data entry (ASP.NET Data Validation controls strongly recommended)
• Provide a professional and organized user interface with tooltips, error messages, indication of mandatory fields, proper alignment, etc.
• Display the result/outcome of the previous operation to the user
20 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $239 på dette job
Hello Sir. I have 5 years of experience in web development. I am interested to work for you on this project. Just share more details so that we can start waiting for your positive response :)
I am a professional web developer. I would like to develop a website for you. But first we need to discuss your project. Please send me a private message, so that I may start
I have a 6+ years of experience in Asp.Net, WCF and Sql Server. I can understand the requirements quickly and complete the work on time. Relevant Skills and Experience Asp.Net, C#, Sql Server, WCF, HTML, CSS, JS
I am just starting my freelancing career. So hope to get good reviews so will make your project with great dedication and will provide cleen code project will be delivered on time