Project: Cloud Services Company Web Site
In this assignment you will develop a web site for a cloud service company that provides access to software and data storage for its customers. The company offers three subscription packages for the software:
Software Package Hourly fee
Small – Linux $0.60
Small – Windows $0.12
The cloud company charges $0.10 per GB/month for data storage if the storage amount used is 500 GB or less and $0.20 per GB/month if storage amount used exceed 500GB.
The web site should include several pages, as described below. All these pages have similar design and elements in common, which are specified in a Master page. The elements they have in common are:
- a header, that displays the name of the company (Super Cloud) and a logo;
- a navigation region, that contains a TreeView control and appears on the left side of the page, under the header region;
- all pages display a breadrumb trail using the SiteMapPath control at the bottom of the page
Some of the design elements of the master page (such as background color, text font, text size and color) should be specified using a Cascading Style Sheet. (Hint: you may define these by using the StyleBuilder dialog box. To do this, open the CSS file, click anywhere between the curly brackets, go to Properties window, and click on ellipsis next to Style property.) Create the Master page first, then the other pages. It is more difficult to change existing pages to inherit from a Master page.
The links in the TreeView should have these labels: Home, Services, New Customers, and About Us.
The web site includes the following pages:
1) Home page (named [url removed, login to view]): Displays a welcome message and advertisements. These are mostly ads of software or IT related companies (come up with some appropriate images of software or IT companies). Have at least 3 ads that display randomly when user refreshes the page. When the user click on the ad image, the browser is redirected to the web site of the company or software. Have the advertised web site display in a new web page. Use only one ad rotator control to display the ads.
2) Services page (named [url removed, login to view]): This page displays information about the services and fees as described above.
3) New Customers page (named [url removed, login to view]). This page allows new customers to get a quote and schedule a demonstration.
To calculate a quote:
- The user selects a software package from a listbox, enters number of hours they plan to use the package in a month, and enter the amount of storage they plan to use in a month. When a button ‘Get Quote’ is clicked, the following are displayed: software usage charge per month, storage usage charge per month, and the total charge.
To schedule a demonstration:
-User enters company name and address and selects a date from a calendar control. Demonstrations cannot be scheduled earlier than 7 days. In addition, the user should not be able to select a weekend date. When a button ‘Schedule Demonstration” is clicked, a confirmation message displaying company name and date is displayed
4) About page (named [url removed, login to view]) displays some general info about the company, such the year the company was established, commitment to quality, address, contact info. etc.