I deleted the original project with same name as a more generic approach is actually required.
We have an existing Excel/VBA application and we wish to move some of the calculations to an external C/C++ DLL. I have already created a working DLL in VB.NET to demonstrate the requirement. We want to secure some of the calculations but VBA or VB.NET cannot be made secure. VBA security is non-existent and .NET can be reflected. The DLL should be C or C++ compiled as native/unmanaged code.
The attachments include the following information:
1) The screenshots show the original and modified values in Excel. Two worksheets both containing five named ranges spanning five cells horizontally. The upper part shows original values and lower part shows modified values returned by the DLL.
2) VBA code which collects the original values to arrays of doubles, sends them to the DLL and displays the returned values on the two worksheets. The VBA code is just for informational purposes.
3) VB.NET class including a function that receives a string parameter and two two-dimensional arrays of doubles. The function performs some simple calculations on the passed values for demonstration purposes. The modified values become available to calling application since the arrays are passed by reference. The return value was only used to verify that the DLL recognizes the array bounds correctly even though they are not specified in the parameter list of the function. The CalculateSheet1Totals procedure was included to verify that passing arrays worked also within the DLL.
1) Recreate the VB.NET code as C or C++ code and compile it as a DLL, so that the existing VBA code example works when I only change Excel to reference the new DLL instead of the current VB.NET based DLL.
2) If possible, create the DLL so that is works with both 32-bit and 64-bit calling application. Even though this project description talks about Excel as calling application, the DLL will also be called from standalone .NET applications. If it is not possible to fulfill this requirement with a single DLL, then instructions are needed about how to compile 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the DLL.
3) As a deliverable, I would like to get the source code for the DLL and instructions on how to setup a project in Visual Studio to compile it. I used "Make assembly COM-visible" and "Register for COM interop" for the VB.NET example, but maybe C/C++ has some other options or considerations.
18 freelancere byder i gennemsnit €237 på dette job
hello, I can write this code in c++ and compile it and provide you dll file . I have gone through the files and it seems to be simple task which can be done in a day or two max . looking forward to work on this .
Hi, I can develop the C# program working with C++ DLL which performs VBA functions that you provided. I have done one like this, before. I will give you the perfect result. Thank you.
Hi, How are you doing? I am very interested in your project. I am always ready for you. I wish you contact me as soon as possible. Let us discuss your project on chat in detail. Thanks for your regards.