I need a solid developer, preferably one with experience with c or c++ to assist me with a Windows performance counter agent that project that will be used to access and monitor any performance counter, service, process on a system and raise an event when a certain criteria is met. This will be used for a system health monitoring application. There will be more work for the right developer.
The deliverable should be a c# component dll that is called by an executable. The process should read an xml ini file for all configuration values. I will supply the ini management code.
When the process starts it should read the config and commence monitoring as configured. The log agent should check all configured metrics at a configurable poll interval in seconds. Each metric can have a poll count lag.
Each configured metric has the following parameters:
metric type; counter, process, service
Also see attached params file.
When the agent finds a match it should raise an event with all data.
The agent should be multi-threaded so many metrics can be processed at once. Polling should be constant, ie one metric's processing should not hold up another.
The process must use very minimal cpu.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) Require full debug testing and acceptance prior to payment
5) Code must work on a non-development machine
6) Documentation on usage and implementation on both development and non-development machine
7) Must be fully implementable into .NET Visual Studio
8) Document from coder releasing code for unrestricted use
9) Coder must embrace an open communication work ethic
10) Coder should use Skype or MSN for communication
Windows XP/2000 Wk & Srv/2003 Srv/2008 Srv