I am a securities trader and have an ambitious plan to develop my own trading software. My first project is to develop a module to create candlestick charts from a market data feed. Attached is a sample of what i want created.
It's a price chart, the data comes from the market data feed (which I will provide a sample file). You'll see price on the right and time below. Price is plotted using the following basics: high, Low, Open and Close.
Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.
There has been some question on functional requirements: i would like to clarify... below is a list of functional requirements:
Load historical data for display, and then continue streaming real-time data.
- Plot: opening price, high price, low price and closing price
- Vertical Axes: price
- Horizontal: time (include session breaks) based on the market
- Current price display scale on the vertical axes
- Symbol – ability to change symbol and to see other price chart
- Interval – ability to see the chart in time, tick and volume data
- Chart Type: Candle Stick
o Background: white
o High/Low bars – black
o Outline – Black
o Up bar – white outlined in black
o Down bar – red outlined in black
- Crosshairs (on/off) – price, time/date stamp
- Quote Box: that displays Open, High, Low, Close, Volume (based on crosshairs)
- Increase and decrease bar spacing (making the chart tighter and wider)
- Drawing Tool: Horizontal Line, Trend Line, Eclipse, Notes (ability to manually draw on the share)
- Vertical and horizontal Grids on/off
This project is currently on hold. Thank you.