I have an existing program and would like to add the ability to read 10 bytes from a binary file and report those bytes to textbox5 of the program.
For example if bytes 10-20 are: 2f 23 99 bf ff 99 33 49 01 56
I would like textbox5 to read: 2f2399bfff9933490156
Also, I would like to add the ability to rewrite certain bytes in the opened binary file. For example change byte 40 from a value of FF to a value of 33.
- user inputs byte range to read
- from byte 10, read 10 bytes, for instance
- program reads the bytes specified
- program converts the bytes read into hexadecimal format and displays in text box
- user inputs byte number to change, and the new value
- program reads and modifies the value
- include an additional check here to say that if the byte read in is a particular value, only then modify