We have an existing Energy Monitoring System that uses the Jennic - AT Jennie radio mesh. The End devices collect environmental variables such a power, water, gas consumption, temperature, CO2 levels, humidity, Occupancy etc. etc. The end devices report in to the Coordinator at either 1min or 5min intervals. the Coordinator is (at present) controlled by a Mini-ITX PC running Linux. The data is sent (1/minute) to our MySQL server, where it can be viewed in graphical & .csv formats.
We have a requirement for a person to develop the software (to replace the Linux hub) with an MSP430F54xx microcontroller to communicate (UART) with;
• UART to the coordinator of the AT Jennie networked radio.
• UART to the XPortPRO which forwards the data on to the MySQL database.
We will supply source code for the End Devices (MSP430F54xx) we use the Rowley CrossWorks compiler. Jennic supply the Jennic SDK for the ATJennie & it uses CodeBlocks. All supplied.
We will supply all hardware. including one complete working system using the existing Hub.
1. Control AT Jennie low power wireless network (documentation attached).
2. Receive data from the end devices, parse it & send it on to the XPortPro.
3. The system must be robust & will be required to run 24/7 for years without intervention. therfore:-
a. Flag if an end device goes off line for more than a set period of time.
b. An Error log is required.
c. Keeping track of the devices SSSI (sig strength) and all network information.
d. watchdog operation.
e. No loss of data (within reason). But must be robust.
f. Buffering for 1 months data loss of connection to the internet (we provide hardware) on an SD Card ??
4. Receive/exchange the setup with the XPortPro. This tells the software how many end devices are attached to the radio network & what they are.
5. Control the pairing, authorisation etc. of the Jennie network. Including interfacing to the XPortPRO (UART) where a web server will produce a web page to allow the user to setup the system. the XPortPRO software is not included in this contract.
6. Although the existing system works, it may be required to modify the existing code in the end devices to facilitate a robust system.
AT Jennie is :
• Based on IEEE802.15.4 MAC and PHY (similar to but simpler than ZigBee)
• ATjennie is an AT command set (serial) version of Jennie.
• PLEASE NOTE- AT Jennie is resident on the Jennic Radio Module.
We communicate with the module serially (UART) using an AT command set.
• Supports Star, Tree and Linear topologies
• Recommended network size up to 500 nodes
• Automatic route formation and repair
• Network load balancing to avoid data throughput congestion
• Network re-shaping to reduce network depth
• Sleeping End Devices for extended battery life
• Leave Request function supports moving nodes
• End-to-end message acknowledgment
• Over-the-air download
• Statistics for network maintenance
We will award the job in less than 1 week. Provide all hardware & software at that time.
We will support in any way possible.
4 freelancers are bidding on average $1250 for this job
10+ years embedded system development, plus extensive networking/telecom, web, and database development experience, will guarantee the project will be completed with quality. Send me message if you need more info