You will create a Layered Service Provider DLL:
- The DLL will be written in C++ that can be compiled in Visual Studio.
- The DLL will intercept HTTP results and modify the contained web page.
- Specifically, the DLL will look for a specific string in the HTTP result (ex. "") and will append it with some other string (ex. "hello").
- The search string should be in the form of a regular expression that a programmer can change as needed in a single location in the source (ex. a string constant).
- The replacement string should be changeable by the programmer as needed in a single location in the source (ex. a string constant).
The result of using such an LSP DLL would be that, for example, a web browser requesting a webpage would receive said webpage, but with some modification made by the LSP DLL as described above. Any non-HTTP-results should remain unaffected by the LSP DLL.
In addition to the DLL itself you will also be required to provide a C/C++ function to install the DLL correctly on all Windows 98/Me/2000/XP, as well as a function to uninstall it.
Full source code must be provided.