I need a tool that will help people who are addicted to the internet.
This will block internet activity on a computer completely.
This tool must be almost impossible to remove (when in a locked state per config options).
There are no admin overrides and config cannot be changed by any method such as changing the system clock. It should have its own way of counting.
A user installs it with the following options.
1. Time from and to. Where internet activity is blocked or allowed
2. Days from, to and individual. E.g. Mo-Fri or Mo,tu,we
3. Dates blocked from, to. (allow internet to be blocked or allowed for certain periods)
4. length of time to allow uninstall
(this option will allow the user to uninstall the product after a certain number of days or after a certain date. Once set, this cannot be changed until the uninstall date)
5. length of time to change options 1, 2 & 3 (default 24)
(If the user wishes to change which hours the internet is unavailable this length of time is the amount of time that elapses before the change goes into effect. For example. The current block period is 9am-12PM Mo-Friday. I wish to change this to 9AM-11PM. I go to the control panel and make the change in option 1. option 5 value will determine when the new time goes into effect. Not that option 5 itself cannot be changed immediately either. It has the same time lag as the other options set by its own value.
6. Type of block. HTTP, FTP, EMAIL, CHAT etc. default to all.
The user should be able to access a control panel to configure the settings above, but the actual blocker program should be all but invisible. People familiar with creating adware or spyware or hackers would probably know a good bit about this -but this IS NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE CREATED as spyware or adware.
The important things to consider are:
1. No way to hack into this, change it
2. No way to uninstall without reinstalling windows.
3. Easy to remove when allowed in the time period
4. No way to get around the restrictions.
You should have expert knowledge of windows to create such a program.