The goal of this project is to create a game that’s similar to the game, Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds (NexusTK for short – for more info, [url removed, login to view]). The plan is to come up with something unique but have it a 2D-Tile MMORPG. Option A is to create something that can hook the NexusTK engine (an up to date client) but create something with its own files, a different variation of Nexus. Option B is to take NexusTK as a template and create a whole new core. There is no personal preference right now, I’d like an individual core but I realize that’s not always doable.
Basically we need a game client, a core for a private server (so running it off my own server), and an editor. There is currently a MapMaker out there for NexusTK but it’d work out best if a new one was created to work with this variation. We are looking at multiple projects all tied into one, but they do correspond with each other (in the idea of what needs to be done). In the end we should have a fully functional MMORPG that is fairly easy to edit, server side. And a small collection of fully functional utilities design to make the game a powerful game.
I need a multitude of requirements – all which I think are fairly reasonable to say the least. My requirements are:
• Server should be programmed in a viable language, something along the lines of C, VisualBasic /.NET – and so on, whatever works for you just NOT something along the lines of Java or Basic.
• Windows works, but the chances are it’d be better of Linux – whatever you are comfortable with, I understand windows better but if you discover NexusTK (the original) is Linux or it’s better to use Linux, that is acceptable.
• It must be able to support the latest client version of Nexus
• Source code MUST be provided (and ownership transferred to me upon completion)
• Code must not be obfuscated and commented thoroughly threw out
• Database backend must be MySQL, well organized and editable
• The core should be ready to hold up to 200-300 simultaneous connections (although I know that all depends on the hardware) NOTE: The core might be supported across two servers or more later.
• Preferable, it should be separated into a Login and Game server (databases)
• Server/Core should be reasonable reliable and secure, examples would be doesn’t crash when injecting code into text boxes and passwords should be stored in AT LEAST MD5 Format. Safe, Secure for both myself and players.
First and foremost, the basic function NEED to work, they include:
• Chat Feature: Basic, Shout, Whispers/PMs, Server Chat, Status Window Text
• Movement, Map warps, ect (Movement in the game is done with the arrow keys
• Spells must be cast able and learn able by (individual) characters
• Items must be able to have appraised stats, wielded / worn by characters, and reside in player inventories/banks
• Spell/Attack calculations
• Leveling: Gain experience points, advance levels, retain experience points
• Character Stats ( Vitality, Mana, Will, Grace, Might)
• Admin Support / GM Maintenance
• In-Game Boards should work
• Legends / Marks should be obtainable, displayable, and able to be granted through NPCs and Spells
• Custom Quests should be able to be created
Straightforward and easily to customize by accessing the database, the following need to be incorporated:
• Popup Dialogs
• NPCs with menus (chats)
• Buy/Sell and Learn Spells via NPCs
• Monsters that spawn with unique drops (and rates), experience points (per kill)
• Item/Spell Details