Need to establish request/response communication between Windows CE 6.0 and e.g. Microchip PIC 18F4550 over USB
The application on is written using the .NET compact framework 3.5 and the solution must usable from here. I do not have the source to build the operating system from the BSP, so it must be a DLL that can be installed.
A few facts:
- The Windows CE 6.0 is running on a VT-8500 (ARM926EJ-S).
- The chip on the "other side" is probably a Microchip PIC 18F4550, that supports the HID class, CDC class and Mass Storage Class. I will prefer one of these classes.
- The communication consist of requests (of size 10 bytes) from the ARM processor, and responses from the Microchip of at least 250 bytes.
- The solution can be just a precise plan for doing this, but preferably the project will end in a DLL or piece of code that can be used from within my .NET compact framework 3.5 application that is written in C++ to access the usb device.
- The microchip code does not need to be written. Only intersted in the Win CE side DLL or code
It is ok to use a standard solution if one exist. Maybe drivers already exist for doing e.g. CDC communication with the microchip, this would be ok. What we need is just communication between these devices over USB, in the simplest way without writing BSP, drivers etc.
Looking forward hearing from you.