I'm looking for a Senior Developer with Stored Procedure and C# experience. This individual must also have experience in creating Windows Services that are safe and stable. In addition, this individual must also have experience querying Google, Yahoo, and MSN so as to spider and capture search results. In other words, here's what this project requires:
1. Write a stored procedure that will take content articles that are listed in the database and combine them by category to create BLOG pages - once, these BLOG pages are created, then this stored procedure should search all content to determine the most "applicable" keywords.
2. Write another stored procedure that will also combine content articles that are listed in the database to create BLOG pages based on the most "applicable" keywords. This stored procedure will be similar to the previous one.
3. I also require that a new stored procedure be created that points to the other stored procedures so that it can be scheduled for execution on a regular basis. This stored procedure should be easy enough with no real business logic in it other than to execute on certain days.
4. Write an executable that will take the most "applicable" keywords and search Google, Yahoo, and MSN for the most applicable search results. Once these results are determined then your code should spider through these search results pages and collect URLs so they can be stored in the database for future use. After this executeable is finished, then I will want this executable to be converted to a Windows Service also. In other words - I want an executable and a Windows Service that does the exact same thing.
I will provide detailed step-by-step instructions on how to do all of this work. In addition, I will be available to answer any questions that you may have. But, I will also test everything very thoroughly to ensure that all business logic is followed.
This could be a fun and exciting project for the right developer which also offers the potential for future work. So, for those developers that bid on this project I would like for you to briefly answer the following questions:
1. How much experience do you have with C# and with writing Windows Services?
2. How much experience do you have with MS SQL 2005 and with writing stored procedures? With scheduling stored procedures?
3. How much experience do you have with writing code that spiders search engine results - more specifically - Google, Yahoo, and MSN search engine results so as to capture URL data.
If you don't answer these questions, then I will have no choice but to assume that you don't have the right kind of experience and you won't be considered for this project.
Thank you for your time and good luck to you...