Need a simple but reliable program for multicasting files to 1-100 computers on a local network. The file sizes can range in size from 1-9gb each so the objective is to minimize network bandwidth.
All computers will run Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 (32-bit).
Initiation of multicast transfer starts on the multicast server. After the file/folder location and options are configured, the server announces the availability of a multicast session. Client executable is configured to listen for a session.
- Text-box: Assign a session name or number to the multicast (default “S0”)
- Text-box: Browse or type local or network path for folders/files to multicast.
- Text-box: specify path for folders/files to save on remote client.
- Accept connections button: announces availability of multicast session.
- Window (Scrollable list): Shows list of clients that have acknowledged the announcement and accepted a session connection to server.
- Client count (starts the transfer automatically when specified number of clients are connect)
- Start button – starts the file transfer to all connected clients if client count is blank or less than number specified.
- Progress bar shows file transfer status.
Preferably, this should be a small .exe that does not require installation (for example, can be run as an executable from the command line or a Web link)
- Displays client IP address
- Text-box: specify session name or number for the multicast server (default “S0”)
- Progress bar shows file transfer status after initiated from Server.