I need a firewall that must meet all requirements listed below:
1. Must be installed permanently, no uninstall option
2. Must be protected against termination form task manager or other software, this may be done by setting up a protection level like Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) or by lunching two instances, if someone will terminate one, the second will automatically run another instance so firewall must be 100% protected against termination.
3. Can’t conflict with KIS, of course the permission from KIS will be given to this firewall
4. Can’t conflict with K9 Web Security download form [url removed, login to view]
5. It doesn’t have to ask/detect for application activities, so this firewall will be passive, will block only applications that will be set in configuration
6. The applications that have to have blocked transfer may be added only, no removal options, so it will be one way only. The firewall is designed for blocking.
7. Must have an option like other firewalls to add IP and port to block, made smart way like block 167.23.2.x and port let say form 1-9999 . the x means any
8. This firewall won’t be used for commercial or public purpose so it don’t have to have some help files, as long as it has simple intuitive interface.
Optional if someone is able to this then is taken first into consideration.
9. It would be nice if I could applications like Direct Connect or DC++ or DC Elite, mainly P2P and set that it will block transfer only if downloaded file is avi, or mpg or any chosen extension. Second part of it is to tell the firewall to block only those IPs form whose are downloaded file containing given words. Example
I’m adding DC++ to firewall and set blocking that IPs from with .avi file is downloaded if its jpg then don’t block . Second way I’m setting the firewall to block IP if downloaded file contain specific word or words, let say I add word “devil” so if P2P software will try to download “black [url removed, login to view]” it will block this specific IP and file will be impossible to download.
I don’t know if firewall can check what is the file name in the transferred stream so this is optional, but would be nice to have something like that.
It can be created by using any programming language but C# and .NET 2.0 is preferred
If provided software will have some things that in my opinion would have to be changed the provider must agree to improve the software without extra charges. The payment will be given after final satisfying version received.
4 freelancers are bidding on average $143 for this job
On behalf of my partners, I am sure I can do this , since I created a Firwall at my work using Winsock2.. have experience in socket programming too. We can surely do this.