Command Line PC Inventory Tool
Hello - I need a command line pc inventory tool developed for me ASAP. The command line pc inventory tool needs to capture very detailed hardware and software data from the user's PC, It must generate a CSV file (COMPUTERNAME+[url removed, login to view]) .
Please read the entire project requirements and payment information for this project. DO NOT BID if you cannot follow through with this project, thoroughly debug and test the application, or communicate effectively over email. This should be an easy project if you have the experience. If we have a good experience with you, there is no reason why I won't give you precedence over other programmers for additional work.
The PC Inventory Tool must run from the command line, as this may be deployed over a network login script, or ran off a floppy drive.
The application must audit the machine using WMI methods first (See WMI Audit Method). If WMI is not installed or not working, the application then must use an alternative method to collect the information (See Alternative Audit Method). The collected data must then be writen to a CSV file (complete path via parameter).
If the appropriate parameter (-p "") is used for the path where the file will be writen.
Alternative Audit Method
You may use any reliable method to obtain strong and accurate PC Inventory information that can be obtained from Windows 95,98,NT,ME,2000,XP, and 2003 machines. We will not accept 3rd party modules that will require additional licensing /development fees, such as "MiTec Components", unless agreed upon BEFORE the project begins.
C:[url removed, login to view] -p "C:Temp"
* MUST support Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, NT4 WKS & Server, XP Pro, XP Home, 2003.
* Must be a self contained exe file.
* Must be developed with MS VC++ / C / C++.
* Must collect the following information:
o Installed Software & Version
o Network Settings
o Installed Service Packs/Hot Fixes
o NT Services
o OS Version, Domain, Service Pack and Languaje
o Internet Explorer Version
o Windows & Office Key
o Workstation ID (workStation Name)
o Registered User Name
o Login Profile Name
o Page File Size/Status
o Motherboard/BIOS (May only be attainable with WMI)
o System Processor (type, MAX Speed, Current Speed)
o Memory (Total - Type - Free - Used - BANKS Free - RAM per Bank Description)
o Hard Drive (Total - Free - Used - Partitions)
o Video Card
o Sound Card
o Video Monitor
o Video Monitor (Screen Resolution)
o Network Adapter (Hardware - Speed - Mac)
o Hardware Failures (May only be attainable with WMI)
o Manufacturer / Model / Serial (If available)
o Printers Present
o ODBC Drivers / Start Up Programs / OS Enviroment Vars
Programmer will be required to test the application thoroughly and verify that the application works on ALL platforms bug free. We will not perform your testing for you. If you lack the resources to properly test your code, please do not bid on this project.
50% With DEMO. 50% after we obtain the source code.
Terms and Conditions
1) Programmer must provide client with a fully functional program(s) in
an executable form as well as complete source code of all work.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-use condition.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all Copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) We reserve the right to cancel the project if we do not hear from the programmer within a reasonable timeframe. (We are running a business, 3-4 business days of non-responsive emails is un-acceptable)
5) We reserve the right to not release any of the escrowed fees if the programmer does not deliver the application.
6) Applications requiring additional licensing fees or separate modules/add-ons that will need to be purchased will not be accepted, unless agreed upon before the project begins.
Thanks for taking the time to read this Project Description.