What factors determine if a Marketplace (Swapmeet/Fleamarket) is successful or not?
Use the following States for this market research project: Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana and Pennsylvania.
1. What is the population of the State?
2. What has been the population growth of the State going back 20 years?
3. Does the State have a budget surplus or deficit?
4. What is the unemployment rate of the State and how does it compare to the National average?
5. Who are the top 20 employers in each State?
6. What are the top three ethic groups in the State and their associated 10 year growth rates (and expected growth number by 2025)?
7. What is the business and personal tax rates of the State?
8. What is the median income per capita?
9. What is the name and website of the State’s economic development organization?
10. What is the ranking of the quality of life for each State?
1. What is the population of the top 5 largest cities in each State?
2. For each of the top 5 cities?
a. 10 year growth rate?
b. Expected growth rate by 2025?
c. Unemployment rate?
d. Income per capita?
e. Top 20 employers?
f. Top ethnic group (plus 10 year growth rate and growth rate by 2025)?
g. How many flea markets, farmers markets, antique shops does each city have? How large are they?
h. What direction is each city growing (east, west, north, south)?
i. What are each cities best submarkets in terms of growth?
- What is the population of each city if you expand the geographic boundary to 50 miles?
j. What is the office vacancy rate for each city?
3. Flea Markets, Farmers Markets, Antique Shops Data:
a. What is the total number of (flea markets/swapmeets/farmers markets) in each of the top five cities, in each state?
b. What is the ratio of the total number of flea markets per population, in the top 5 largest cities in each State?
c. What is the ratio of the number of vendor spaces per population, in the top 5 largest cities in each State?
d. How far do people travel to (visit or set up shop) at a good flea market?
e. Please map the customer concentrations.
f. How does someone define who shops at a flea market?
g. What type of person sets up a store (i.e. a vendor) at Flea markets?
h. What kinds of stores/vendors?
i. What are the top then most popular?
- What do the top five flea markets, farmers markets, and antique shops charge for rent (how do they make money from customers)?
- Examples: Charge for parking, entrance fee, control the food and beverages, charge for shopping cart rental, do they have a grocery store inside, live music offerings, vender place rental, table and chair rental, rides for children, etc?
- What is the number of visitors and dollar spend per visitor?
j. How many vendor spaces do each of the top five flea markets (also include farmers market and antique shops)?
k. Who owns the top five flea markets (also include farmers market and antique shops)?
l. Do they own the land or lease it from the state or a private land owner?
m. Do they receive government aid?
n. What are the hours of operations?
o. What service offerings does the flea market contain? (Shopping, Food (food stands, etc), Beverages (alcohol, water, juice, smoothies, etc), Restaurants, Music, Grocery Store, Farmers market, Antique market. Please include office space for start up companies (incubator).
p. Include a map of each city and mark each flea market with a pin (also include farmers market and antique shops) -- (next to each market include the name, number of vendors, acreage, etc).
The output would be in excel ideally.