I would like a document made describing how to reverse engineer
an [url removed, login to view] project published with "precompiled for deployment".
Your job is to
1) make a simple two page [url removed, login to view] website. It should do something, at least redirect to the other page when you click a button. Something like that. You can make anything you like here. Document it with a couple snapshots and some description.
2) precompile it (in recompile for deployment mode). Document it with a couple snapshots and some description.
3) reverse engineer what you have built using tools like reflector.
Document it with MANY snapshots and lots of description, what tools you used, how you used them.
1) The document
2) website before precompiling (entire Visual studio solution)
3) precompiled website (entire website solution)
4) reverse engineered website. (entire Visual studio solution)
I HAVE TO be able to duplicate the steps and the reverse engineered site HAS TO rebuild and run properly in the debugger, allowing changes, rebuilding, and re-running. This is a critical requirement. I don't just want to know how to get a big dump of cs files.
Visual Studio 10 or nearby Version is preferred.