Application Objective: Capture online content and associated URL on a browser page in Microsoft Explorer. The application is a browser plug-in which is event driven.
1) User clicks on button in browser, which identifies the plug-in.
2) Application pops up an interface, which allows user to open a new/existing text file (csv format).
3) Application lets user enable custom parameters. These are additional fields, which are appended to the record saved. (Eg: Date to be entered)
4) Application lets user set default values for the additional fields if required.
5) User navigates to a certain URL (webpage) using the browser
6) User selects content on that page (headline)
7) User does a left mouse click or a F11
8) Application captures headline and URL
9) Application displays it to the user in a popup window along with the additional fields which the user may set. (pre-defined custom parameters Eg: Date)
10) User clicks Save
11) Application validates info
12) Application Saves/appends the information in a csv file as a record.
NicetoHave: The application is webbased and the content captured is automatically captured in a mysql database on a remote server. We are more interested in such an application an would like to hear a proposal.