For my existing site for alumni of a certain school, I'm planning on a project that connects the members with each other at a deeper level. For an overview, the new service links one member to another by means of "shared memories" -- that is, members are linked by common experiences, blood relations, or any kind of relationship.
Basic Process (members side) for Member X:
1. Choose member to link to, by means of a search field (example: Choose Member Y).
2. Write a "shared memory" with Member Y.
3. Click "Submit" when done.
Main Page (members side):
- summary of the links created, both new and old.
- summary of links created by other members, both read and unread.
- 10 most recently written memories
- hyperlink to "Create New Memory"
View-all-links Page (members side):
- view links created by you, or by other members linking to you.
- ability to delete links
- view a sample "chain of links" (see details before the dashed lines) that includes the member
To sum the process up, once Member X submits the info that he/she wrote, Member Y will be able to see that a link has been created by Member X.
Member X writes a "shared memory" with Member Y: "He threw a snowball at me during Junior High (1994). We've become inseparable since then." Upon login, Member Y sees a link created by Member X. Once he clicks on the link, he is able to read what Member X wrote.
"Chain of links"... This works if many members have already created their "shared memories". A sample chain would look like this:
Thelma > Trey > Govinda > Jasper > Member X > Member Y
If Member Y clicks on this chainlink, he can see the chain of "shared memories" going to him. If you know Friendster, then I guess you have an idea of what this chain is.
Did you get the idea behind this innovative (and highly relationship-based) method? I hope you did.
As for the current site, I will not divulge any identifying details about the website. But like I said, it's already up and running. This project is just a new service to be served to members for free. The members login details are stored in an Access database, but I want the "shared memories" entries to be stored in MySQL. The entire site is run in ASP, so I'd like this project to run on the same language. Although guests are welcome in the site, only members can enjoy the site services, including this new project. (Login authentication has already been taken care of). What guests can do is view the "shared memories" of other members, but they cannot make their own.
What I need for this project is YOU! And by "you", I mean someone who:
1. has a clear grasp of what I have been babbling about
2. has excellent logic and ASP skills
3. is willing to be paid dirt-cheap ('coz this is a very easy project)
4. can give me a backbone structure of what he/she will do
I did the ASP site alone, so I know ASP well. What I don't have is the time to do this project. If you have further questions, just post in the Board.
15 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $83 for dette job
Like you said dirt cheap price!! I understood your requirements and have laid an action plan for the work. Accept the bid for further details. regards ankur_etc
Sir, I am from INDIA. Already doing overseas work. Want to build long term relations with you. Please see our work : www.atgaccess.com www.tinglingling.com www.athreadabove.com www.catalinabay.com thanks