We need to update our Touch Screen Kiosks with the following changes:
1. When a user presses the "Shift" to do a capital letter it acts like a CAPS LOCK and all future letters are Capital. The button should instead treat the next key as a Capital and subsequent letters should be lowercase.
2. Add _ to the keyboard.
3. Remove / and \ and [ and ] and ; from the keyboard.
4. Make the first letter of each word a Capital letter automatically. (First Letter of each box and anything after a [space[)
5. After submitting a Door Prize can we remove the "OK" button as the screen will automatically go away on it's own. We have users trying to click the OK button just as it is going away and it has caused a few problems.
6. Remove "ESC" button
7. Add ".com", ".net", ".org", ".edu" or as many as there is room for one the keyboard after removing unused special characters.
8. We need to Remove Street Address as we no-longer need that we just want the Name, Email, Zip code, Cell and the checkbox..
9. We need to fix the Export to CSV to be Export to Tab Separated because occasionally there is a "," in a field and that causes the CSV file to put data in the wrong columns.
10. We would like to have a "Screen Saver" type setup where the Application will take images we store in a Local Folder and Rotate through them, with a press any key to start message or touch here to start message. This should be controlled by a XX seconds to start Screen Saver and X seconds before rotating to each new image in that folder. the program should search the folder and count the number of files in the folder that way it is dynamic.
11. We need the kiosks to auto select the local kiosk for making entries. so kiosk-1 stores all entries on kiosk-1 and kiosk-2 stores all entries on kiosk-2. Then when a admin opens the administrator control panel to draw a name at random that station will pull lists from all kiosks into a temporary table and then draw a random name from that temporary table.
12. Likewise when we Export to a CSV or TSV we would like the data to be pulled from all the kiosks to a temporary table and then exported. (It would also be nice to indicate which kiosk the data came from in it's own column in that temporary table.
13. Additionally when we want to wipe the data we want it to wipe from all the kiosks local storage tables. (After we Export of course.)
Bugs in current version:
1. If a user presses backspace more than the number of characters in the input field they are in then when they start typing characters into that field it messes up the order of the characters. Example if I type "T" and then backspace more than one time and then type "Taybor" it comes out "ayborT" For some reason the first letter goes to the right of the Ibeam and the rest go to the left of the ibeam like they are supposed to.
2. Names like O'Brien will not submit. the ' is causing a database string problem I am sure. Can you adjust the Code to work around this issue.
3. The Clear button needs to ask "Are you sure?" before clearing all data so users do not erase everything on accident.
I think that's it. : )