The Satellite Applications Catapult has been established as a Research and Technology Organisation that employs skilled and aspiring researchers, technologists and business experts to work together with academic and industrial partners to create applications that make satellites part of every-day life. The Catapult has established an open and innovative environment, cultivating an ethos of knowledge exchange and community engagement, and is establishing itself as a world class centre of expertise in its field.
We are looking for a copywriter to work with us on a short-term contractual basis to help enhance our website, update our branding guidelines as well as work on other corporate collateral.
The successful candidate will possess excellent copywriting skills, the ability to work under pressure, as well as good interpersonal and communication skills.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
As this is a short term contract, the successful candidate will be focussed on developing a number of communication tools that are critical to our marketing activities. Activities include:
• Providing copy for the Satellite Applications Catapult branding guidelines, taking into account our style and tone of voice.
• Updating the existing website copy to reflect the activities and expertise the Catapult offers.
• Developing the copy for our suite of literature.
• Provide adhoc copywriting expertise for blogs and internal communications.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA FOR THE ROLE
• The successful candidate will be a lover of words, an expert word-smith, and a grammar fanatic.
• You will have a minimum of three years working as a copywriter, preferably in the technology sector.
• You will have a good technical understanding, with the ability to write for a diverse audience and make sometimes complicated technical data, into simple, easy to read and understandable copy.
• You will have the ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight timescales.
• You will have the ability to work as part of a team as well as working in isolation.
• You will possess impeccable communications skills.