2000 words (+/- 10% excluding cover page, table of contents,
executive summary, references and appendix).
Scenario: Choose an organisation from the list provided below that intends to expand its business
either through a new product development or a new business/market development.
Vestas – wind
turbine solutions and services: [login to view URL]
1. Discuss the value propositions, core brand values and buyer behaviour of your chosen
2. Analyse the micro-environment (the company, suppliers, intermediaries, relevant
publics, customers and competitors);
3. Analyse the macro environment, that is, demographic, economic, natural, political,
technological and cultural (DENPTC) forces to demonstrate their impacts on your chosen
organisation's strategies/capabilities to serve the target market (s;
4. List the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) as well as suggest
appropriate strategies by incorporating the TOWS matrix to draw from strengths to capture
opportunities, to overcome weaknesses and to defend from threats.
Note: Take time to gather relevant data about your chosen organisation as well as the
broader external environment in which the organisation operates. Find good quality
academic references from high quality marketing journals and text books to substantiate
your arguments, suggestions and explanations. Use relevant headings/sub-headings to
ensure a cohesiveness and logical flow of the report.
• Use the appropriate APA style both in text citation and the reference list at the end. You should
use at least 10 relevant academic references from leading marketing journals and text books to
showcase quality of your research.