This is a paid, freelance, remote position--so you can work from anywhere, on your own schedule, if you deliver the articles on time and with consistently high quality.
For now, we are looking for writers who can write both good features and reviews. We’ll be looking for freelance reviewers as we grow.
We don’t publish gossip and clickbait. We care about how Varun Dhawan developed his latest film character or how he reacted to the script and the director, or the difficult shooting conditions in Ladakh. But we don’t write about whom he’s dating or his latest “feud” with another actor. We might talk about strange and wonderful happenings during production of Anurag Kashyap’s latest film, but not the rivalries and personal problems among the actors or crew. Reviews should be cogent, detailed, and snappy. If it’s terrible, tell us in entertaining detail why it’s terrible.
Basic requirements for Contributors include:
• A passion for the content
• Broad working knowledge of mainly Indian Movies/TV/Music in general, especially blockbusters, popular streaming content on Netflix, Amazon, HotStar, Zee5, Mubi, etc.
• Excellent command of the English language
• Can contribute writing free of grammatical errors and typos
• Comfortable working with WordPress and Zoom in an entirely virtual environment
• Write a minimum of 5-10 articles per week -- This will include fact checking, formatting, linking, and image sourcing/very basic editing (sizing, brightness, etc.)
• Pitch story ideas when none are readily available
• Accept feedback from the Editors
• Communicate openly and actively with