For each of the below, in addition to your answer, provide the dashboard page where you found it.
For 1-4, use the dashboard at: [login to view URL] doctors-scorecard/
1) Has Dr. May’s wait time been improving over time?
2) Which doctor saw the highest percentage of women patients in September?
3) Which two doctors have offices next to Dr. Davis’s office?
4) Which doctor is the worst at listening to patients?
For 5-8, use the dashboard at: [login to view URL]
5) Which property had the highest cost per visitor in 2017?
6) Was the 2017 cost per visitor rated good or bad for Long Island?
7) Which area has the greatest number of state parks?
8) What do you think accounts for the trend seen in the annual budgets from 2007 to 2010?
For 9-12, use the dashboard at: [login to view URL]
9) Have more males or females had accepted auto claims in the past 45 days? 10) Who is the oldest customer with a business claim that is in progress?
11) How many claims are currently in progress at the insurance company?
12) Which type of claim has the highest profit?
For 13-15, use the dashboard at: [login to view URL] dashboard-fleet-management/
13) Which vehicle type had the highest fuel cost the previous March?
14) Which vehicle type makes up the greatest percentage of insurance costs?
15) How many empty miles did the company experience for all vehicles the previous June? 16) What percentage of rigid trucks are currently available? Is this good or bad?
Identify two strategic decisions that the information in one (or more) of the example dashboards at [login to view URL] can help the company make. Be specific when describing these decisions. Identify the information in the dashboard that can be used to make these decisions, and the dashboard that are you using.
We very briefly discussed the concept of Balanced Scorecards in our lab introduction. Identify at least two metrics for the (1) Customer, (2) Financial, and (3) Internal Business Processes dimensions that are presented in one or more of the example dashboards at [login to view URL], and be specific as to where they are a decision maker could locate them in the dashboard (and which dashboard you are using).