About the company:
Social Enterprise Buzz ([url removed, login to view]) is the leading online media platform dedicated to social enterprise news. What is a social enterprise? In short, “business for good”.
Our publication features engagingly written stories and analysis to help readers understand the social enterprise field, keep up-to-date, and find inspiration. Some of the topics that we cover include impact investing, social innovation, and social entrepreneurship.
SEB is a Toronto, Canada-based startup with a global readership.
About the position:
We are looking for a freelance journalist who is interested in growing with our company. This person will have the potential to become our managing editor, in charge of overseeing and coordinating SEB’s editorial activity. As such, this person must be committed to reporting with the highest level of integrity, fairness and without bias, and in a professional and ethical manner. The chosen candidate is expected to embrace our ethics statement: [url removed, login to view]
This isn’t just another job. You will be interacting with people from around the world who are building businesses or working on amazing projects that make society a better place and solve the world’s most pressing problems. It is rewarding work, to say the least. The ideal candidate is hardworking, relentlessly curious, and down-to-earth.
Your responsibilities include:
• Interviewing subjects, researching, and writing and editing 600-800 word articles
• Pitching article ideas to the editor
• Attend and cover events as needed
• Ad hoc duties as required
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, English, Creative Writing, Journalism, or other communications-related major
• Minimum 2 years of journalism or related experience
• Native English speaker
• Excellent grammar and written communication skills
• A mix of creativity and analytical thinking
• Strong understanding of and/or genuine interest in social enterprise
• Punctuality and ability to work with minimal supervision and guidance
How to apply:
1) Write us a letter detailing why you are the perfect candidate for this position
2) Provide a resume
3) Provide a sample of your published work
Your bid is $____CAD per article. Please include this in your application letter.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for a Skype interview with our founder, who you will be working closely with, to determine your fit. We’re looking for someone who is in it for the long term, so please, serious applications only.
Thanks for your interest and good luck!