We are looking for one or more editors to support the chief editor in the day-to-day business and to be jointly responsible for the editorial content (news articles) on an expat news portal (economy/business, politics, diplomacy, culture, travel, health, events).
You will receive basic information and relevant source links from us to create articles that you will research, write and post to an online platform (CMS) according to a specific editorial policy and guidelines.
You will create 4 articles per day, which must be published by 24:00 (CET) at the latest.
You will need a time commitment of about 2 hours per day: based on the data we provide, the articles can usually be completed and published within 30-40 minutes. According to experience, the creation of an article takes a little longer in the beginning, but levels off after about 2 weeks at the above-mentioned extent.
Many sources are only available in German. A basic knowledge of German or the willingness to familiarize yourself with it is therefore recommended. Experience with translation tools would also be an advantage.
- Internet-based research in the field of economy/business, politics, diplomacy, culture, travel, health and various events.
- Editorial translation/rewriting, summarization and realization of English language articles and short analyses.
- Extensive experience as a writer/copywriter/content manager or similar
- Enjoy researching, analyzing and writing
- Native English speaker
- Excellent written expression and great creative writing skills; perfect command of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- An intercultural background and experience as an expatriate (expat) outside your home country is a great advantage
- Good knowledge of the international scene in the field of politics, economics, diplomacy and foreign relations
- Willingness to work under time pressure and with deadlines
- Create headlines to help your article reach the widest audience possible
- Initiative and an efficient, accurate, independent and reliable way of working
- Experience in working with images and image editing programs
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Knowledge of and compliance with internationally recognized copyright laws, plagiarism checks
- Basic knowledge of CMS, SEO, graphics and social media would be an advantage.
Long-term cooperation is desired
The extent of the cooperation shall be extended over time
Flexibility: You can work from where you want, and when you want. You can also partially pre-work or re-work articles so that you can take days off.
Volume: You publish 4 articles per day, or 28 articles per week, or 120 articles per month.
Working time: You work an average of 2 hours per day, or 14 hours per week, or 60 hours per month.
Payment: € 10.-/hour or €600 per month
We are prepared to pay more, depending on professional experience and qualifications.
If you feel interested, we look forward to receiving your application.