You sohuld read at least 5 recent papers (since 2008) on Data Mining related topics for the course and write a literature review paper integrating the research paper subjects with the course material.
A 10 page (double spaced, excluding cover and references) review paper integrating and expanding the selected research paper materials with course topics should be prepared. This will not be a paper report, rather a thoughtful discussion of the research papers content pertaining to the material we have covered in the course.
A template is given on page 2.
1. You may search and read papers (i.e., journals, conferences, books) from Google Scholar: [url removed, login to view]
2. In addition to papers, you may use any other resources (e.g., websites).
3. You may use the citation format from IEEE: [url removed, login to view]
• Provide a concise definition of a topic you choose. E.g., background, motivation.
• State the general findings of the review (what do most of the sources conclude).
II. Main Body (note: you need to specify your title for Part II, e.g., related works, algorithm design, experimental results, etc.)
• Each work should be critically summarized and evaluated for its premise, methodology, and conclusion.
• Use logical connections and transitions to connect sources.
• The conclusion summarizes the key findings of the review in general terms. Notable commonalities between works, whether favorable or not, may be included here.
• Your own thoughts.
• As well as accurate in-text citations, your report must contain complete and correctcitations for every [url removed, login to view] may use the citation format from IEEE (a link is given in Resource 3 on page 1.)