Hello, thanks for looking at the brief. I have included as much detail as I think might be relevant so that you can bid accurately.
I need some code that lets me read the GRAM (Graphic RAM) of an LCD display with an Arduino. I have downloaded code that allows me to read one pixel from the screen (and it works on my hardware), however I need to be able to specify either a row or column of pixels, and then read the full row/column of pixels into an array.
The hardware is:
- A RobotDyn Arduino MEGA 2650 PRO (identical to the Arduino MEGA, just smaller form factor).
- 1.8” ST7735 TFT display, 128x160.
- Logic level shifting is done via potential dividers (resistors), as the display is 3.3V.
- OV7670 camera (not essential to complete Freelancer task, but used in wider project).
The working code for only 1 pixel (forum post #13):
[login to view URL]
There is also a library with a ‘readGRAM’ function for the ST7735 display on Github, but I can’t get it to work:
[login to view URL]
If your approach is to use this library, it is important that the solution is compatible with my existing sketch/libraries (as described below). The person who wrote this library says that this freelancer task is ‘trivial’ (easy when you know how) but is unable to help. Please do not contact him.
The finished code must be compatible with this code which displays a live image on the screen from a camera: [login to view URL]
By ‘compatible’, I mean that I want to use your code as a function within my sketch. To give wider context, the functionality I need for the whole project is:
- Use the LiveOV7670 code to display image on screen (currently working).
- Freeze the image on the screen (also working – just stop running the function that updates the pixels).
- Use code to read one line of pixels into an array (Freelancer’s task).
Full wiring details are available.
5 freelancers are bidding on average £43 for this job
Hi! I recently have done a very similar project to yours. I developed a device with ST7735 display, but for different MCU and I think that I can help you. Check my portfolio and message me to clarify the details.