ESP32/ESP8266: Require a solution for distributed el. energy saving
Betalt ved levering
we look for a hardware specialized mate with good expertise on developing automations around home and SOHO.
The goal is to switch off devices, which are not needed.
The current idea is to use ESP8266/ESP32 based devices, along with central managed solutions.
- updates of the devices with OTA (e.g. tasmota or similar)
- centralized view of the current situation
- possibility to decentralize accesses, e.g. desks shall autoswitch off and autoswitch on, but if not working users allowed to use that desk shall be able to override off/on states
- implement a simple detector
... - if ESPxxxx-No1 with current measuring is reporting a el. current below a threshold wait for a configurable time delay and switch off an ESPxxxx-No2
... - if ESPxxxx-No1 with current measuring is reporting a el. current above a threshold wait for a configurable time dely and switch on an ESPxxxx-No2
- provide visualization
- provide override of detected states
- provide option to test states "now" to execute the rules "now" without the configured time delay
- provide option to make the above behaviour dependent to time.
... e.g. after 1:00am till 7:00am switch the device off
... except on specific dates
- detect presence of users by their devices
... - wifi
... - ethernet
... - bluetooth
... - other?
based on presence devices shall be able to switch on/off after a conifgurable time delay
- best practices with IOT
- best practices with software and hardware engineering (buy or build)
- suggested by checking current market, especially open source
Your background is:
- multiple years of experience with IOT
- multiple years of experience with ESP solutions
- multiple years of experience with integrating multiple IOT devices into a simple to use UI for end users
If you are a good fit, you are open to assign more tasks about implementing solutions fully on your own (e.g. with your team)
will not be disclosed, place your best bid to get considered
What is next?
We will share you a NDA and afterwards a paid test task.
- you estimate in a WBS (optimistic, expected, pessimistic, where optimistic < expected < pessimistic) after getting the task
- we discuss about clearances and effort
- we mutually agree to effort
- we assign you the task after mutually agreed
- you implement, test and deliver
- you provide also unit /integration tests to ensure code is always working
- you document each required step to make interaction of systems to work
- we test on our premise (you maybe help to fix issues)
- we pay
(basically the rules of freelancer)
Closed book vs open book?
We work only on open book.
Closed book means you are unwilling to define a WBS for the work and you add only a price tag to the task.
=> We are sorry we will not hire you in such a case!
- in our on premise git (access will be granted to you)
- full sources
- full description how to build the sources as binary
- full description how to flash the devices
- libs, need prior confirm and we prefer to use mostly latest stable versions
- your solution has to work on our end, so you will help to make it up and running e.g. via video calls or via remote desktop accesses
- provided or fully documented steps to start servers as the docker container, if prior agreed as also virtual machine possible
Projekt ID: #37199533
14 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $155 timen for dette job
Hello, I have 10 years of experience in Iot with Esp32 I can do the job. You can check out my work on my profile making boards with ESP32 and firmware development. I hope we can work together
Dear, sir Nice to meet you. How are you? I'm very happy to meet your project because I had deep experience in this subject. I can handle this project enough. Please contact me and discuss details Thank you. Regards me.