- Most of the items are ALREADY COMPLETED. It is your job to check off which ones are finish the rest. Site is in php/mysql,
We have a design for a site, that we'd like turned into a fully functioning working site.
The site is going to be a video chart that uses XML feeds to display content. Each feed is labelled on the left hand side of the page in a rustic navigation element.
What you'll need to do:
- Turn this design into a working site
- Integrate the XML feeds provided to create the new pages on site.
- The 'chart' area in the middle we be a dynamically driven content area, which will change when the user clicks on the navigation item on the left hand side of the page.
- The icons in the stream are of where the video thumbnails will go. Users should be able to click on these and it will go through to YouTube
- The content description currently in the design is place holder content only. The real content will come from the feed.
- Navigation items are subject to change
- The title of the page 'Top 100 viral videos - Sat 18th Feb '12' should be dynamic and change when a user clicks on the navigation item
- For SEO I want all pages to give the benefit to the homepage, so we must include '?' before any categories and pages.
- The + button is to be an addthis button where users can share the content
- The tiled background needs to be static, so the content areas move over the top of it (similar to Twitter timeline)
- 'scroll for more' at the bottom, similar to Facebook timeline
the purpose of this site is to created a site that continually updates itself using the content that is provided in the scripts.
For the feeds you'll need to wrap them in the design of the existing page(s).
I want users to be able to login and register so we can make this site social and interactive. Users will have their own area with favourites, so they can login and effectively see a playlist they have created from the buttons in the feed(s).
This is quite a complicated site to build, so I will not be accepting generic bids or workers with less than 9 rating.
The site also needs to be fast and load within a second.
We will be hosting this site on a VPS that using Linux, php and mysql.
We may need a few changes a long the way, so you need to be flexible.
The XML feeds run on an exe command line script. A cron job needs to be created so that the file runs and the feeds are updated once daily.
1. Ability to add and invite friends - similar to Facebook friends
2. Login and register via Twitter, Facebook and open ID
3. 'Friend ticket' replace the left hand navigation with the ticker. Similar to Facebook's ticker (top right of profile).
Shows what their friends are watching on the site.
4. The ability to create and curate their own 'playlists' from videos on site. Name playlists whatever they want and share them with their friends, internally and externally of the site. Each playlist should be able to be shared via a widget or to a social site.
5. The empty white box at the bottom of the original design was also for 'online users'. I did not tell you about this, but it would be interesting to see what we can do.
Update - The design has been sliced, a lot of the backend has been created. I need you to check what has been done, and what has not to complete this task.
This project is likely to change throughout.