I need a couple existing Android Google Map Apps modified. Need someone that understands Google Maps, GPS, GPX files and databases. If you have not read the requirements, do not bid. Do not bid if you are not willing to do the work for your bid amount. NDA required before award.
1) There is a Preferences screen that the user can use to change various attributes such as how often to capture location data. I want to add an attribute for how wide the line that the GPX file draws is. I want to give the user a choice between Normal, Wide and Widest in a drop down on the Preferences screen. Normal would be the width the App currently prints the trails in. Wide could be 1.5 times Normal, and Widest, could be 2.0 times Normal. The assumption is that this information can be stored in the GPX file, when created, under GPX standards, instead of GPXX standards.
2) On the Preferences Screen, the GPS Status and Keep Screen On while App is active, buttons are not displaying correctly now.
3) The App displays the distance covered as it is gathering data, but does not save the distance. The App needs to save that information in the file. Where is up for debate. It must be in a data point GPX understands. It must also display the whether it is in Imperial or Metric format, based on and saved as what is specified in the Preferences information.
4) When preparing to gather a trail location points in order to draw it on a map later, the user has a screen to input the Name of Project, Trail Name, Trail Number, and a drop down for Track Line Attributes which currently has the color the trail should be drawn in <Color>. The Name of Project information is used to provide a folder to store the GPX files in for a project. If the folder exists, the file (Trail Name) will be stored there, if it does not, the folder will be created and the file will be stored there. The App does not check to see if there is already a GPX file in the folder. If there is a file by the Trail Name, the App acts like it is storing data, but does not. The App needs to check for that file name and if it exists, message the user, so the user can change the file name.
5} There are 3-5 text files that are read from an Admin Panel on a Server. I want to include that text in the App instead of reading it from the Server. I will provide that text to you.
1) Currently the App displays the Trail Number on the trail (GPX track) at various intervals. I do not remember what the criteria was for defining the intervals. The interval must be increased by at least double. The Trail Number should NOT be displayed at the termination points of the trail, as doing so would be confusing to the user, as most trails intersect other trails, and the user would not know which trail the number belonged to. When displaying the Trail Numbers, the right end is truncated a bit. The App should add a space after the number as a method to display the number so it is readable. There may be other ways to do this. Currently, I just add a period to the Trail Number when I type it in, but I would rather the program handle the display issue.
2) If the App tries to display a GPX file that has errors in it, the app will not go to the area where the Trails are located (bounds). The app should display the offending file name (Trail Name), so the user can note the Trail Name, and have a Skip button to proceed. So the App would not display this trail, and would go on to the next trail in an effort to display ALL the GPX files that are good.
3) Currently, the App can display Symbols (ICONS) for various Points of Interest, such as Parking, Gas, Waterfalls and the like. I furnished the original programmer with files of these Symbols. Only some of them work. If the Symbol is not found, the App uses a Default Symbol instead. Currently, for all the Symbols that I furnished, but do not print correctly, print the Default instead. Apparently, the Symbols that print, and Default, are hard coded. My preference would be that these be read from a Folder containing these files, but am willing to listen to other options.
4) The App currently uses Google Maps. Most hand held, dash mounted GPS units have an option of displaying the map in North Up format or Direction of Travel Up format. I am not sure that Google Maps has this option. If it does, after the User selects the Trail System (Folder) the user wants to display, this option could be offered before drawing the Map. There is a screen where the user can select a Trail System or Trail Systems (which is a folder(s) containing the GPX files for that Trail System).
5) Currently, the App is not reading the Folders in order to display the Trail Systems available. The App should be modified to read the Folders under the directory that the App is stored in, to display the available Trail Systems. Later it will read the GPX files from these folders in order to display the GPX files on the map. If the Symbols are stored there as well, the App should not treat that folder as a Trail System. This App will be a Pay For App. The GPX data needs to be protected from Copying. How that is done, I am not sure. Not sure if we can Compile the files into the App, or whether the App would have to read them separately from files on the Phone/Tablet. The Solution, temporary or permanent, should keep this in Mind. I am trying to get away from involving a Server I pay for. The Trail Systems could be stored on the Store’s Server, but how would they be protected from Copying? One way to copy protect the App would be to read the user’s phone number from the phone and store it. Check for that phone number every time the App is loaded. If it is on a tablet, substitute a static phone number, if it has no phone number. In my area, and in other areas, there are multiple Trail Systems whose borders touch each other. So, in my case, a user may want to buy all 5, or some combination of Trail Systems out of the 5. Thought should be given to this when thinking about a copy protection scheme.
6) There are 3-5 text files that are currently read from a Server and displayed on pages in the App. I want to incorporate these text files into the App. I will provide that text.