This android app is a basic Bible viewer. The app interacts with the user and show the verses in the specified book/chapter. After delivery, I will continue to enhance the app and make the app available on all app stores for free download. The app will emphasize 2 unique features: (1) Text and menu/pop-ups will have large text for people with impaired vision (2) Optimized for low cost devices with resistive screen and slow CPU.
The expectation of delivery is an unpolished but usable prototype.
The Bible text file will be provided, along with indexes (byte offsets) to every book and chapter. The file consists of plain text (utf-8) lines, each line is a verse. The file is approximately 5MB in size.
A database needs to be setup to contain 2 tables:
1. Bookmarks table - contains verse number (book/chapter/verse) marked as bookmark with associated user comments for this verse
2. Highlights Table - contains verse numbers marked by user as important
A 'history' datastructure will hold the last 24 user selection of book/chapter. The history file is saved when app closes.
The main screen will show the text (lines) of the last selected book and chapter (last entry in the history file). Depending on the settings, the view screen may also show 3 buttons at the bottom of the screen:
1. [left arrow] to go to the previous chapter
2. [chapter] for a pop-up of grid of chapter numbers
3. [right arrow] to go to the next chapter
The user can perform the following functions:
1. Long press a verse causes this menu to show up:
[bookmark this verse] [highlite] [share] [copy]
2. Press [bookmark this verse] to add this verse number and user comments to the Bookmark table
3. Press [highlite] to add this verse number to the Highlite table
4. Press the phone [menu] button to show the following menu:
[book] [chapter] [tools] [settings] [help]
5. Press [boook] to select from a grid of book names
6. press [chapter] to select from a grid of chapter numbers, the selected book/chapter is also entered into history file.
7. Press [Settings] to show the following menu and corresponding selection list:
[Text size] [Text color] [Background color] [navigation buttons on/off]
8. Press [tools] to show the following menu:
[history] [bookmark] [search]
9. Press [history] to show last book/chapter the user selected, the user can then press the book/chapter to view that chapter
[url removed, login to view] [bookmark] to show the bookmaked verses
[url removed, login to view] [search] to get search string and the following menu:
[all book] [OT] [NT]
Then perform search on the selected range and show the list of matching verses.
Payment Terms (Milestones):
All menus and functions basically working: US$ 50%. Product usable with no major bug: US$ 100%.
13 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $705 for dette job
Hello, We are tritone tech. into mobile technology, we develop applications and games on mobile phones. www.tritonetech.com www.tritoneapps.com Regards, Caleb